The organization of the airspace structure
Work on the organization of airspace structures are carried out in accordance with the following basic documents of the air of the Russian Federation:
- Federal Law of March 19, 1997 № 60-F3 "Air Code of the Russian Federation."
- Federal Rules of use of airspace, approved by Resolution of the Russian Government dated 11 March 2010, number 138.
- Federal aviation regulations "Air Traffic Management in the Russian Federation" dated 25 November 2011, number 293.
- Order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation from 10/31/2015 number 305 "On approval of the development and the rules of aeronautical information."
This takes into account the international requirements and recommendations, as well as the best practices set out in the ICAO and Eurocontrol documents.
Activities carried out at the moment
The main focus is the design and scientific and technical support for implementation of a new airspace structure of the Moscow zone (MZ) ATM EU. As part of these activities is provided:
- Development of the Ministry of Health structures of the EU ATM airspace, including the development of ATS routes, coordination of exclusion zones and zones of flying, delineate areas of airports;
- designing standard departure route (SID) and arrival (STAR), and the approach procedures with area navigation (PBN);
- providing flight QNH using pressure and non-SI units (feet) and the height and uniform transition level airspace EU ATM MH;
- determining the horizontal and vertical limits of ATS sectors Area Control Center (ACC) and a node control area (WISE);
- ATM implementation of advanced methods based on the use area navigation (PBN), and advanced air traffic control technologies, in particular Eurocontrol PMS technology ( "Point Merge System");
- scientific and methodological support HIL ATS processes dispatcher simulators and participate in the working out of maneuvering circuits in a flight simulator;
- evaluation of the effectiveness of the new structure of the airspace (a quantitative analysis of the main streams of aircraft and load the main elements of the planned structure of methods of mathematical modeling, assessment of safety performance and the capacity of aerodromes and ATM sectors);
- support of the new structure of the EU ATM Moscow area airspace after the introduction and Collecting performance data to confirm the safety level and the implementation of strategic goals.
It is planned to further improve the design process of the airspace based on the following principles:
- airspace structure must be based on operational requirements;
- development of the airspace structure should be an open process, representing the decisions taken and their rationale in the interests of all interested parties and compliance with the safety, capacity, environmental protection, defense capability and national security;
- basis for improving the airspace should be existing and predicted traffic characteristics to ensure maintenance of the main streams of air traffic and airport;
- providing horizontal and vertical elements connected airspace;
- enabling flight operations of the preferred user (or closest to it) trajectories in areas along the route of flight.
As a long-term tasks considered analysis, implementation and improvement of best practices in the areas of:
- implementation of RNAV routes (creation of the ATS route network on the principles PBN);
- implementation of the concept of the flexible use of airspace (Flexible Use of Airspace - FUA);
- implementation of airspace for a free flight route (Free Route Airspace - FRA).